We look at the eight parts of speech in traditional English grammar.
These parts of speech, sometimes called word classes, include:
Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Adverbs, Prepositions, Conjunctions, and Interjections.
We give an explanation of how each word class is used and have included example sentences. For some of the parts of speech we also look at sub-classes such as subject pronouns and possessive pronouns, the different types of adverbs such as adverbs of manner, adverbs of frequency, etc.
In the final section, after we give a summary chart, we talk about how some teachers sometimes include a 9th part of speech which can be either Articles or Determiners. Again, we include examples.
This ESL video to ideal to give students a general overview of the different parts of speech in English.
ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCE
We have Parts of Speech summary charts that can be used in the English classroom. They are available here:
#PartsOfSpeech #WordClasses #EnglishGrammar
NOTE: Our English lessons and English language resources are for people over the age of 13.
Do you like WOODWARD ENGLISH and want to learn more and improve your English? Here are the next steps:
1) SUBSCRIBE to the WOODWARD ENGLISH channel so you know when I create new videos to help you improve your English.
Make sure you click the notifications bell so you know immediately when I upload a new English lesson.
2) JOIN Woodward English on YouTube
– Exclusive videos only for members (including bloopers and behind the scenes).
– Exclusive members only posts in our YT community tab.
– Loyalty badges next to your name in comments and live chat
– Custom emoji to use in live chat
– I’m more likely to create videos that are recommended by members
Join here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WoodwardEnglish/join
3) See our FREE ENGLISH LESSONS and language learning articles:
4) ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES
English Language Resources for Teachers and Parents. (Ideal for ESOL / ESL / ELL students or homeschool)
Each purchase helps me to continue creating more free English language resources on YouTube and the Woodward English websites.
5) LET’S CONNECT!
Have an awesome day!
– Rob Woodward