Learn the English you need to join the conversations on racism and social injustice.
Join Vicki and Jay while they prepare signs for their own protest and learn the words you need to join the global conversation on social injustice.
We’ll look at:
– different kinds of protests: marches, rallies, demonstrations
– violence in the streets: rioting, looting, curfews, pepper spray, tear gas
– how to use the words racism, racist and systemic racism
– African American vs. black
– rights vs. civic duties
– current phrases like black lives matter, racial profiling, white privilege and to be/get woke.
And finally watch Jay and Vicki’s demonstration. To skip ahead to that go to: https://youtu.be/Xsna7WQjVso?t=874
Make sure you subscribe to this YouTube channel.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SimpleEnglishVideos/
To get notified by email when we publish a new video, sign up to our mailing list: https://forms.aweber.com/form/46/1978668946.htm
Visit our website to see our videos with transcripts and much more: http://www.SimpleEnglishVideos.com
There you can get email updates on new videos and live classes and also download a free copy of ‘Fix It’, a checklist for correcting common English mistakes