Do you know the difference between countable and uncountable nouns? The basic difference is quite simple, but this topic still needs attention. Often, countable and uncountable nouns are different in different languages. Also, some nouns can be both countable and uncountable with different meanings! We’ll look at these ideas in this lesson, and you can see how uncountable nouns work in English. Learn more with a certified English teacher: http://bit.ly/ooe-teachers.
What’s the difference between paper and a paper? Why do we say trousers are… but news is…? Why can’t you say, ‘Can you give me an advice’?
You’ll learn the answers to all these questions in this lesson.
See the full version of this free lesson here:
1. A basic guide to uncountable nouns 0:40
2. Which nouns are uncountable? 4:06
3. Nouns can be countable and uncountable 7:09
4. Some other strange nouns 12:39
5. Making uncountable nouns countable 16:09
In this lesson you can learn:
– The basic rules of uncountable nouns.
– How to tell which nouns are uncountable.
– How some nouns can be both countable and uncountable.
– About uncountable nouns that are always in the plural form.
– Ways to make uncountable nouns countable.
See more free Oxford Online English lessons here: https://www.oxfordonlineenglish.com/free-english-lessons